FOR OFWs in ABU DHABI
What is OWWA?
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), an attached agency of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), is the lead government agency tasked to protect and promote the welfare and well-being of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents.
All voluntary registered members can avail the many OWWA services that range from health care, disability and death benefits, scholarships and financial assistance for education and training, social services and family welfare assistance.
How to Register in Abu Dhabi (as of March 2018):
- Bring your passport (with UAE Visa) and verified employment contract (see step 2 below)
- Go to the POLO/OWWA Office inside the embassy.
- Fill up the membership form.
- Pay the membership fee (payment valid per contract duration at a maximum of 2 years)
- Receive your certificate.