I am not a fan of race cars. I don’t even have a clue on what F1 World Championships or Grands Prix are.
I allowed myself to be the Captain’s date to this yearly affair of noisily speeding cars round and round a built circuit. He gave the perfect bait: food. FREE buffet FOOD. Who could say no to that?
Besides, we had tickets sponsored by his company worth 4,250 AED, that is 50,194 Philippine pesos. It took me a moment to close my gaping mouth when I learned this.
The exclusive ticket package included:
- Reserved seat in outside balcony areas on the Main North or West grandstands
- Access to private, air-conditioned suites with contemporary furniture and flat-screen TVs
- Unlimited non-alcoholic beverages throughout the day
- Unlimited hot and cold food snacks throughout the day
- Cash Bar for alcoholic beverage purchase
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary lanyard, ticket wallet and ear defenders
We went as a small group, making the trip more entertaining for me, especially that Hatem kept on throwing Tagalog phrases like you’re suplada and anong problema and ikaw maraming problema.
As they watched portions of the race, I parked my butt in the soft chairs at the lounge and exploited the overflowing food. Only when we were about to leave did I get up so that my stage-husband could take photos of me.
Photo dump now!
I wonder what would possess someone to pay that big a money to watch darting cars for 3 days in the sidelines.
Oh well, I bet these people have the same passion as I do. While theirs is watching zooming cars, mine is attacking zooming food!