NOW OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS!
Are you creative, innovative and inventive?
Do you want to be part of something original, artistic and imaginative?
The annual PAROL contest is back! Celebrate Christmas away from home by re-creating our very own traditional Christmas decoration in the most nontraditional way.
Brighten up Abu Dhabi this season with your very own art. Challenge your organization to come up with an ornament that is trendy yet inexpensive and together show this city what Pinoy ingenuity is all about.
This lantern-making competition is under the auspices of the Filipino Community (Bayanihan) and the Philippines Embassy in Abu Dhabi.
1. The contest is open to all INDIVIDUALS (Filipino Citizen) and OFW ORGANIZATIONS (Registered & Accredited by the Philippine Embassy) in the UAE. Only one (1) entry per organization is allowed.
2. The “main body” of the entry must not exceed 1 m x 1 m x 1 m in size.
3. Winners will be judged based on the following criteria:
Message should be in line with this year’s Christmas theme “Pasko Na, 2011”.
4. Lanterns must be delivered to the Philippine Embassy compound on:
5. Three winners will be announced on December 23, 2011, during the Christmas Program. The following prizes will be awarded:
All participants shall receive a “Certificate of Appreciation” from the BAYANIHAN 2011.
6. To join, participants must fill out an entry form (available upon request & can be sent by e-mail) and send it to the PARULAN 2011 Committee Chairman on or before December 4, 2011.
Or fill up this form and I will direct you to him.
All entries will be assigned an entry number by the committee for control purposes and for space allocation in the display area at the Philippine Embassy. All lanterns will be identified by their entry numbers only.
7. Participants should include a short description/interpretation of their entries including the total cost of the lantern. The maximum cost of materials used for the lantern should not exceed AED 500.00. All the receipts of material purchase for the lantern must be included.
8. All entries shall remain the property of the Bayanihan & the Philippine Embassy – Abu Dhabi.
9. There will be five (5) judges to the contest.
Feel the spirit of Christmas by commemorating the star of Bethlehem.