“Leaving allows you to change directions, to start over,
to rediscover yourself and the world.
Leaving sometimes saves you from staying stuck
in the wrong place with the wrong people.
Leaving opens a new door for change, growth, opportunities and redemption…
You’re even allowed to leave the old you behind
and reinvent yourself.”
– Rania Naim
Now that I’m leaving the sandbox, I have so many things to look forward to…
- Talk to strangers without being harassed
- Say hello, sorry and goodbye to people I meet
- Eat street food and dirty ice cream
- Roam the streets in shorts without being stared at
- Go to the mall in my flip-flops and pambahay
- Play football until blisters attack
- Throw away my high heels and corporate suits
- Do groceries without someone interrupting to ask about item prices
- Ride in taxis with beautiful smell
- Stand in stop lights without big white cars honking at me
- Live without a handheld toilet bidet and unlimited tissue paper
- Drink my coffee without getting indecent proposals
- Start adding prepositions to my sentences
- Jog in parks without someone grabbing my butt
- See kind and respectful children again
- Go anywhere without someone trying to talk to me
- Take photos everywhere without fear of being arrested
- Hangout alone without being approached and offered a job
- Smell the fresh air and the real green of the earth
- Fix my broken English
- Blog like there’s no tomorrow
- Laugh like I used to laugh before!
Ahhh, it’s a whole new world out there!