For Filipinos working OVERSEAS
Other ways to get an OEC:
POEA centers | Embassy | Airport
I am one with all the Filipinos around the world clamoring for the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) to be abolished. But until this piece of paper is mandatory for us to exit our country and go back to work, let us do this the easiest way we can.
Now you can get and pay for your OEC Online. Anywhere. Anytime.
I have used this online service 5 times during my trips home (2014-2015) and I strongly recommend you use it as well, providing you meet the criteria:
|OFWs on vacation returning to the same employer/principal and jobsite|
|with existing employment visa / work permit|
|have a record in the POEA database|
|previously issued OEC/E-Receipt under the same employer/principal|
If you do not meet the above criteria, you will be redirected to the BM APPOINTMENT PAGE for regular processing of OEC’s on your chosen date, time and processing site. I suggest you book your appointment online as well as this will make life way easier.
Balik-ManggagawaOnline Processing System
1. Create your account even before you fly. Go to https://www.bmonline.ph/ and register as a new user.
2. Fill in all details making sure all information is correct. You can upload your ID photo which will show on your OEC copy. You can also add your cover photo, which I did because I’m cool like that. Haha.
3. Enter your expected flight schedule. The OEC validity is 60 days so make sure you’re flying out within that period.
4. Confirm that you are returning to your employer. If not, then you have to set an appointment.
5. Choose your mode of payment.
Option 1: BANKS over-the-counter
Option 2: BANKS online
Option 3: NON-BANKS over-the-counter
Option 4: G CASH
For me, I find SM the most convenient choice as I can do a lot of other errands after I pay for my OEC.
6. Send the payment instructions to your email.
7. The email will come within a few minutes. Read instructions carefully. It will tell you when you are supposed to complete your payment. Note that the payment will only reflect the next day, so apply and pay at least 1-2 days ahead of your trip.
8. Print the email and pay in any SM Payment Counter – where normal bills are paid. Go early in the morning on a weekday to save time.
9. The next day, you will receive your payment confirmation.
10. A few more minutes and you will receive your OEC copy. Print 3 copies and off you go!
If you do not not receive your copy thru email, you can always go back to your online account and retrieve the copy from “My transactions” section.
Note: You still have to pay for your OWWA, PAG-IBIG and PHIL HEALTH.
Avoid the mob drama and exhaustion of applying onsite for your OEC and make the digital world work for you. Let’s still hope that they get rid of these useless document though!
Happy trip, everyone. Hope this helps!